MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Cathy (CMH64)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Cathy (CMH64)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    geebeebee

Cathy, I was thinking of you and Troy and hoping that you two are doing well.

Best of wishes,

Greg

CMH64

Hi Greg! Thanks for thinking of us! I have been wondering everyday how your Mom is doing! Has anyone heard from Marsha? The three Troy, Marsha and your Mom had transplants the same week. We are at day + 56 now and Troy is doing very well. We are actually back in Kansas City for Troy’s Moms funeral, as if a stem cell transplant isn’t enough! The Dr. in Chicago is very pleased with Troy’s progress. He still has the neuropathy in his feet that he went into transplant with and he is still on dialysis three days a week, but he feels great otherwise and is walking a mile and a half on the treadmill and lifting weights. The Dr. was thinking of sending us home early but the last two weeks the platelet counts have dropped and the white count is lower. There are several reasons that this might be happening that are not serious and then there is relapse. Dr. does not anticipate relapse but now wants us to stay in Chicago another month to keep an eye on him. So, back we go tomorrow! I have limited access to computer these days so have not posted but I read when I can. Please send an update on your Mom! Cathy

April

That is great news Cathy. Tell Troy to keep up the good work (& you 2).

shirlsgirl

Hi Cathy and Troy,

So glad to hear Troy is doing well! I’m sorry about his mom. Wishing him continued success and good health. Take care, Jody

geebeebee

That’s awesome, Cathy — glad to hear from you and great to hear that Troy is doing well, and I’m hoping for continued success.

Mom is doing pretty well. She’s still pretty weak and tired, but getting up and around as much as possible. Her appetite is pretty poor — it drives my Dad crazy that she doesn’t eat any better than she does. It doesn’t seem to be that unusual, but we want to keep her energy up so that she can exercise more. Today, they did a ctscan to see if her lungs had any issues, and they didn’t find anything major, but we’ll hear more tomorrow — they just want to make sure that nothing is causing the weakness.

Keep up the good work, and keep in touch when you can.

Take care,

Greg

mommachkate

Hi Kathy, Greg, I am so happy for both of you for the successful treatment of Troy and Greg’s Mom. I wish we could hear from Marsha? There is several good medicin to imcrease the appetite. Could she take something. My mother taking one and it is vorking well for her. George is feeling better, I don,t have to go to the hospital 5 am, I will go around 8,when the doctors are coming.Best wishes for the for Greg’s Mom and Troy for the rest of the recovery. Kate

Cherbear

Hi all,
    I received an email from Marsha this past Sunday! She wrote that she was doing fairly well, and was day 50+. I just thought I’d pass it along. She responded to an email I sent her on Nov. 17th. I’m hoping and praying for everyone’s recovery!
    Take care,
    Cheryl

Suzanne

wow, that is all three Transplant people hopefully on the way to recovery. Hope their road gets even smoother as they get farther along. Suzanne

geebeebee

Cheryl, thanks for passing that along! It’s great to hear that Marsha’s doing OK.

Greg

B. Greene

Just a note to say hi and hope things continue to move along in the right direction. Know you will be glad to get home. Barbra

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert