MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Look for Hematology Oncologist in Rural N.Y./Pennsylvania area

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Look for Hematology Oncologist in Rural N.Y./Pennsylvania area

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pamelah
    Participant

Hello, My mother had RARS MDS. She is 79 years of age. She has been managed for her care in the Orange County California area for 5 years. She will be traveling to Binghamton NY for an extended stay. Hopefully 2-3 months to be with other family. I am wondering if anyone in the surrounding area of Binghamton NY knows of a good doctor. I know that there are plenty of facilities and doctors in New York City and I see that there is an actual MDS accredited facility in Rochester NY. But I was trying to find someone within a 1 hour radius. If anyone out there has any suggestions would love to hear them. Thanks to you all. Sincerely – Caring Daughter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Here is a link to the MDS Centers of Excellence https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centers-of-excellence/. Here you can locate an MDS expert by State/Region. The MDS Foundation only gives this designation to those physicians/centers that meet their very high standards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert