MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

my 83 YO MOm

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board my 83 YO MOm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rhonda Willard
    Participant

five years again she was diagnosed with mylodyspasia along with anemia and a chromosomal abnormaility. She’s been doing pretty well up until lately.. She was taking Jakivy to help with her spleen enlargment but that has stopped working. Her Procrit injections have also been discontinued. He hemoglobin is down marketdly every other week and her dr sends her for transfusions every 2 weeks.. But the affects on getting one only lasts a few days. Today she had an awful nose bleed . I swear it was like she lost everything they put in to her yesterday. She said she’s not ready to give up the transfustions yet, but my question is, when do we throw in the towel knowning we’ve done all we can do.. She is 83 years old and losing weight rapidly. She is very weak. For myself it’s quality over quantity but not all our family feel this way..I don’t know what to do to help her.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert