MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

new to the disease

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board new to the disease

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    angie wiggins
    Participant

My husband is going for his first treatmeant with Vidayza and I have to admit we are scared to death. I am trying to be strong but we both scared of the upcoming side effects. Any advise? Thank you so much.

Neil Hillquist
    Participant

When my wife started Vidaza we didn’t start the anti-nausea meds quick enough, take the meds before first treatment. Watch for oral infections and pneumonia. Don’t assume something different is nothing to be concerned about, ask questions and if still in doubt ask more questions. Dr’s are only human and asking questions keep them aware of your concerns. I wish you and your husband good luck with treatment. Neil

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Wash your hands, wash your hands, wear a mask in public and be vigilant in personal hygiene. This can lower your nutriphils (white cell count)…….you become immune deficient and need to be very careful about where you go, washing hands is key and just thinking ahead. Soap and water, all day long. Take the anti-nausea meds, and always always ask questions when you have them. Read about neutropenia, which is what you will be when your nutriphils are below 1.0. Know your numbers. Food is VERY IMPORTANT ALSO WHEN YOU ARE NUTROPENIC. No raw foods, no under cooked meats, no undercooked shell fish No fruit and salad, fresh. Only cooked fruits and veggies until you go back up to 1.0 and above.. And don’t let your dog lick your face……he can bring in germs from outside…..no gardening. Just be vigilant and try to think ahead of this. If the vidaza brings up your red blood cells you won’t need to be transfused….you will get through the nutropenia and low platelets…..just be aware, know your numbers and ask questions….be vigilant.

Felt very bad to hear you’re your husband as he is suffering of bone marrow cancer and blood cell disorders. According to one of my friend, a college assignment help service provider, Bone marrow transplants treatment can be helpful. In which, by taking very high dose chemotherapy you can cure some types of cancers such as leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma and if you take this treatment, there may be a better chance of curing the cancer than with standard treatment.

lucyls lucyls
    Blocked

Mr Stevens mentioned law enforcement had gained Puma UK Store only one report of looting, inside the state’s South East, but

reported he wouldn’t comment even further till it had been investigated.
    He stated there were no rise in documented criminal offense.
    Two males have been arrested in Mt Gambier after law enforcement spotted them shining torches into store home windows on Wednesday evening. They have been allegedly present in

possession of equipment which includes bolt cutters, torches, knives, wire cutters and beanies.
    A Mt Gambier man, forty one, along with a Millicent male, 32, have been billed with heading equipped.
    Mr Weatherill stated the isolated incident was “disgusting and regrettable” instead of consultant with the “wonderful” neighborhood reaction he noticed.
    Treasurer Tom Koutsantonis also praised the resilience of South Australians.
    “I was pretty happy with the best way we done ourselves – we just received on with it,” he claimed in Condition Parliament yesterday.
    Since the state was thrust into darkness, volunteer emergency company companies and police worked through the evening that will help hold the public protected.
    Acts of God – The 2nd Coming
    By Meagan Dillon
    THE climate sample liable for the state’s moist and wild spring will Air Max 90 Sale Online Store not be heading away, with

much more unseasonal rainfall tipped to the months forward.
    Hotter waters from the Pacific and Indian oceans have designed extra dampness in the air, bringing enhanced low-pressure programs, the Bureau of Meteorology says.
    BOM extreme weather conditions manager Philip King discussed: “In winter and spring we get rather frequent troughs … and because of this moisture they’ve experienced much

more of a opportunity to get into key weather methods.”
    He mentioned the extraordinary system that devastated the state on Wednesday was “complex”, which has a secondary technique rotating within the significant very low.A

considerably less intensive program would hit the point out all over again on Sunday, bringing with it much more rain and wind, Mr King reported.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by lucyls lucyls.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert