MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New to the journey of MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New to the journey of MDS

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cindy Miller
    Participant

My husband was just diagnosed with MDS two months ago and we are working at the stem cell process starting in September. Although I am a Christian and I trust God fully I don’t know what to do with the emotions that he is given me. I don’t want to burden my husband is he is going through enough and my children as well so therefore I am reaching out to anybody in the MDS community that can help. I am looking for somebody that I can share my innermost thoughts with without judgment of how I feel. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
    Cindy

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Cindy Miller,
    I too am a Christian and I have Refractory Anemia with Ringed Sideroblasts(RARS)- a type of MDS. I would love to talk with you anytime to tell you how I deal with the emotions of having an incurable disease that really alters your lifestyle in many ways and always not knowing what is coming next. Sherry Pratt – pratt8075@gmail.com

Gary Stranahan
    Participant

New to the Journey of MDS – I was diagnosed with MDS in February. I would be happy to talk to you and share feelings of my children and wife. If you would like to communicate please let me know. Email address is gary_stranahan@yahoo.com

LeAnn Duke
    Participant

Hi Cindy, I am a Christian age 59 and I would be happy to talk with you. I too have MDS and realize that this is an incurable disease and that we don’t know what tomorrow will bring. Please feel free to contact me at my email: Brileighsmia@yahoo.com. I can certainly understand and my husband knows the feelings you are experiencing as well with the fear of losing someone you love. I am here for you!! LeAnn Duke

rar
    Participant

A transplant cured my MDS. Don’t be so pessimistic.

Cindy Miller
    Participant

Amen!!! There is no place for pessimism!!!!!

jennifer elmahdy
    Participant

I am 40 years old and am 142 post-transplant and I am in remission.

@cindy
    Miller and @rar
    Where are you in your post-transplant? Did you have treatment with post-transplant vidaza?

Lyn Sherer
    Participant

I was diagnosed last Friday. Of more importance, I also have Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. I have learned that it is very important to have support as a caregiver. Saying don’t be so pessimistic is easy. You need help with that on what we call the dark days. If this site does not have caregiver support, then try phassociation.org. Also the Cancer Foundation has an area for caregivers. Please seek help. My husband didn’t accept help and lost a great job trying to help me. We will never recover from that loss. Caregiving is tough, again please reach out and use the resources that are available to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert