MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Reaching out

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Reaching out

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nativitie miller
    Participant

I have recently been diagnosed with MDS, i am just in the beginning stages of it. I want to reach out talk to people that have/had it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know this is a difficult situation for you and I would recommend that you go to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion if you have not already done so. You should be very carefully assessed before undergoing any treatment. Benefits versus risk analysis should be done with any treatment.

Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/. We also have a wonderful information program called the Building Blocks of Hope which we can send you via postal mail. If this is something that you would be interested in, please forward your mailing address to me at ahassan@mds-foundation.org. In the meantime, you can also view this video https://www.mds-foundation.org/bboh/. I hope this information helps. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-637-0839 Ext. 210.

Kind regards, Audrey

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by .
    Deborah
    Participant

I would like to second that recommendation: go to an MDS Center for Excellence!
    I stayed with the oncologist that diagnosed me for 3 years. I went to an MDS Center of Excellence when I was so sick I could not walk. It was worth the trip. They knew what to do and how to do it efficiently and effectively. I went to UCSD, San Diego, to get myself on the right path to living again. My home is in Denver, so I have transferred to the Center here in Colorado,CU, even though it isn’t particularly convenient for me. Worth it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert