MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Transfusions

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Transfusions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Caryn George
    Participant

Hello everyone…I am sorry for all who have MDS and for their loved ones as well. My father is 82 years old and has been getting shots at Kaiser to try to stabilize his situation. After 2 years, his count has now dropped to 7.5 and they are doing a transfusion for the first time today. Can anyone tell me what he can expect? If the transfusion works, does he start feeling better pretty quickly or is that too vague a question with too many variables? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

narfkralc
    Participant

hello
    I have MDS and have been getting transfusions every two weeks for 7 years. Never had a problem. Usually feel better after a day or so. However, I am only 66 with no other health problems.

I hope all goes well

tj00kayak
    Participant

My wife was recently released from the Anschutz Medical Center, Denver after 19-days with MDS and with a hemoglobin count of 7.9. She was a bit of a zombie for a couple days until her Dr. saw the results and called. She went in for three units to our local hospital and has been pretty darn good ever since with a vastly improved hemoglobin count. It took maybe 2-3 days to ramp back up to “feeling good” after the transfusion.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by tj00kayak.
    lucyls lucyls
    Blocked

They clanged and scraped when assembled,John pursued a number of leads over the next 18 months. Cheap Asics Running Shoes His early experiments suggested to him that the

urine from manic patients was more toxic than urine from other patients,
    and therefore killed more guinea pigs.
    As it turns out, John’s belief that manic urine was more toxic was false ‘a urine from a manic patient is no more likely to kill a guinea pig than any other sort of urine. This
    mistake, like countless others that scientists have made over the centuries, was a fortunate one, as it spurred him on, and he continued unhindered with his idiosyncratic
    research.and when sterilised in pots. He would gently hold and

turn over the guinea pigs, and inject the urine into their abdominal cavities. It
    takes little to imagine him moving assuredly and with celerity from jar of urine to syringe to animal.
    John was looking to see if urine from a manic patient might affect a guinea pig differently to urine from other patients.
    One by one, regardless of the diagnosis of the patient, the guinea pigs perished. And, practising what he’d done all his professional life, and what any respectable doctor
    might do, he performed a post-mortem on every animal, looking for a deeper understanding of what caused mental illness.
    As the guinea pigs died, he procured more Discount Ted Baker Dresses animals and started afresh. Each evening after work and when he had time during the day, he returned to this pantry and worked alone
    with his animals.
    John was well aware that what he was doing was remarkably crude. So, at first, he kept quiet about his work, telling only a select few who needed to know.
    Today, no one would consider whipping out, buying dozens of jars, filling them with the urine of patients and then injecting the urine into guinea pigs. It sounds archaic and
    primitive, and it was an era of experimental crudity that was coming to an end.

jenny kayal

Those who had thinked that the snapchat private photos are very important for all of friends so we have for you when you know from the website how to hack into someones snapchat password online.

bobderek
    Blocked

Is no one monitoring these forums. It’s bad enough there are so few responses. The best place to go for discussion and recent information is actually Marrow Forums http://www.marrowforums.org

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert