MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

74 year old with MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board 74 year old with MDS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donald Bodda
    Participant

I was diagnosed with acute MDS 2 week ago I came ill with MDS on July 17,2017 so far I’ve been having to take platates and blood about every 14-18 days, today I’m waiting for the drug Amacor to arrive so I can start it hopefully it will help.
    Can anyone give me some good advice on the best MDS clinic for research and treatment??
    I’m not giving up and i’M GOING TO FIGHT FOR AS LONG AS i CAN FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY.

Mark Simpson
    Participant

karmonas Cancer Institute. That is who I am using.

mdsfound

I know this is a difficult situation for you and I would recommend that you go to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion. You should be very carefully assessed before undergoing any treatment. Benefits versus risk analysis should be done with any treatment. Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/. We also have a wonderful information program called the Building Blocks of Hope which we can send you via postal mail. If this is something that you would be interested in, please forward your mailing address to patientliaison@mds-foundation.org. In the meantime, you can also view this video https://www.mds-foundation.org/bboh/. I hope this information helps.

BRIAN DOOLEY
    Participant

I am not sure where you are located. In California, Dr. Harold P Koeffler at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is the best. He is also on the MDS Foundation list of MDS doctors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert