MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Acupuncture for shortness of breath?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Acupuncture for shortness of breath?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by lisab.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott Davey
    Participant

Has anyone had any experience with this? My SOB limits my daily activities so much.

lisab
    Participant

Hi Scott
    I’m interested to know how you heard about this. I’m a del5q patient and take lenalidimid for over 3 years. I have shortness of breath and low energy even though my hemoglobin is in normal range.
    I’d love to hear if this works. Simple solution to the problem. I know acupuncture has worked on all kinds of things.

Best wishes
    Lisa b

Scott Davey
    Participant

I live in Sacramento and we have a Dr. Lee here who practices acupuncture. I went to her for back pain, after seeing a chiropractor, and she completely cured it in four sessions! She’s not cheap, though, $100 a session, so I’m thinking twice about seeing her for SOB. ChatGPT says that acupuncture can be effective for SOB in some cases, but it’s not infallible. I’ll report back if I go ahead with it.

lisab
    Participant

This is a point I’ve made several time on this forum. We are all different and what works for me may not work for you. As patients we have to be advocates for ourselves. That is where this forum can be helpful.
    If you do try it I hope you will share.
    Best wishes
    Lisa b

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert