MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Anyone seen a rash or open sores from neupogen treatment

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Anyone seen a rash or open sores from neupogen treatment

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    galway

Sorry have not updated in a long while.

Just thought I’d update you that my Dads chemo treatment did not put him into remission.However it has returned his blasts to MDS level he was at in June when diagnosed.He has been out of hospital for a few weeks which has improved his weight,general well being etc dramatically.They are now going to try combination of chemo Daunorucibin and Clofarabine and introduce Mylotarg.So if anyone has heard of this let me know.

galway

So sorry KWJ have not been in this forum for a long while.I am extremely sorry to hear your father has passed away.Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

KWJ

Thanks Galway. This disease sucks. How is your dad doing?

galway

Agree totally this disease sucks.

Dad is doing ok.He has been treated with 2 other rounds of chemo since last post.A drug called Mylotarg combined with Clofarabine,which played havoc with his platelet counts.So he now gets platelets very regularly.But it did reverse the counts back to when he was diagnosed with MDS so that was good.But the Clofarabine on its own is the latest round of chemo.So we still have to wait and see has that reversed it even further.

So we are cautiously positive.We are taking it one day at a time, as you well know yourself.Please God reasearch comes through with even better drugs soon for this disease.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert