MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Back on 5- AZA (Vidaza)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Back on 5- AZA (Vidaza)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tahoedonner

My Md twisted my arm and talked me into trying 5-AZA again in spite of my very bad reaction to it the first time. Since the results were very good then, in spite of the very bad side effects then, I agreed to try it now at a lower dosage, with more anzemet before and a stand-by “cocktail” of antiemetics as needed.

I am on day three and so far so good. Tomorrow and Sunday, I get to pick the stuff up and shoot myself….a lot easier than it sounds!!

Please wish me luck!

I hope that my Pal back in “Grand Whatever” isn’t still trying to find out how to eat a raw artichoke! Vegan must be good for something but on our recent trip to Monterey we thoroughly enjoyed everything but!!!!

sarah

Best of luck to you Tahoe. Hope it works!
    Sarah

Suzanne

wishing you good results and no trouble with side effects.!

shirlsgirl

Good Luck Tahoe!!By the way, Shooting yourself sounds incredibly difficult. eek Can you get someone else to do it? I hope Vidaza works and I wish you higher numbers. smile

Jody

tahoedonner

Jody….
    That self-injection sounds really gross and it is hard to watch someone else do it. Actually it is fairly easy and is vertually painless.

Kaiser let’s you pick up a weeks worth to mix and then inject. I was an English teacher so my math isn’t quite good enough for that so I just do the pre-mixed stuff on the wekend when they are off.

Day four and so far so good!

Terri

Hope you have luck with the Vidaza. Bob gets his shots at the office, He takes Zofran ODT about 30 minutes prior to Avoid the nausea with it. The only other side effects are bruising where the shots are. Still Tx free since dec 03 and His Wbc are now normal, The smears the doc examine are not showing any abnormal cells so I think the blast are definately go down. He won’t have a bmb probably until after the 6th round. We start round 5 this week. BOb is on an antibiotic as well as the supplements and vitamins. John in GR is not that off with all the alternative stuff. We are doing both and So far seems to be working well.

tahoedonner

Terri…

John seems somewhat honest about all that “alternative” stuff but I can’t really buy into it!

Back in “Grand Whatever” where he lives ,all they can grow most of the year is mildew.

Out here in God’s Country, we have lettuce, tomatoes, broccali, avacados,basil, pine nuts. olive oil….etc…etc…etc! Year round.

It is difficult not to eat well!

I am on day five of 5 ADZA ( Vidaza) and so far so good re bad effects!

Kathy G

Tahoe-
    Glad to see you are giving Vidaza a try again – I hope it continues to be easy on you. I so enjoy your subtle sense of humor and look forward to your posts – they crack me and my Dad up. Good luck and ease off on those marqaritas for a few days!

Kathy G

geebeebee

Tahoe,

Best of luck on the Vidaza….there’s only so many of us Democrats left, and I want your vote for the next several elections!!

Greg

Terri

Tah, is the Vidaza making you more tired. Glad to hear how healthy you are eating ( and you say you don’t buy into the alternative methods. healthy eating is one of them and those items you mentioned are wonderful)

How long did the doctor say you will be on the Vidaza, Did your blast go up???

I miss the back and forth chatter between you and John.

Jimbob

tahoe,
    I hope this course works better for you. I enjoy the banter berween you and John in GR; hope to be able to follow along with it for another 20+ years.
    I do credit a lot of successes to method like what John uses. It can only help the body to get rid of ail the the toxins and garbage and replace it with good natural things that the body gan use to fight off diseassse. Aass I get off various medications, I intend to replace them with natural foods when possible and supplements. I am sure that having done thhat prior to the leukemic explosion that I had Jan 2004 is what made it possible for me to survive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert