MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Biopsy Results – some confusion?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Biopsy Results – some confusion?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Malissa Kirszenbaum
    Participant

My husband had his BMB this morning. We will get results in 16 days March 8th. My research tonight has been good; I am preparing myself by trying to understand what will be presented in the way of result possibilities. My confusion is that some articles mention that you can receive an initial “negative” result but MDS can still be lurking behind; in other words, make sure you have another. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Secondly, maybe this is a stupid question – my husband identified as macrosystic anemia which led us to BMB for possible MDS. In my reading I keep trying to figure out what else, other syndromes, non-cancerous conditions, etc. but knowing his red blood cells are very large, RBC low, MCV high, Hemoglobin & Hematocrit low- keep coming back to this. Does anyone know what else this could be that is not as serious as this? Guess I am grasping straws. 16 long days of waiting. Feel like a child asking parents, are we there yet, how much further?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert