MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Blood test results

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Blood test results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Angela Isham
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new here. I received my blood test report from my first oncologist visit. My ANC, Neutrophils, and Basophils along with Co2 were high. My lymphocytes were low.

Can someone help me understand what this means?

Janice Sheppard
    Participant

can you post numbers? it will be difficult for anyone to interpret without numbers.

Angela Isham
    Participant

Co2 31.6 mole/L High
    Lymph% 19.5 Low
    Neut% 71.9 High
    ANC 71.3 K/ul High
    BASO 0.11 K/ul High
    Protein 6.4 Low
    BUN 24 High
    MCHC 32.3 Low
    Calcium 8.3 Low

Janice Sheppard
    Participant

Angela, I am a patient, but i’m also a nurse. not an oncology nurse so keep that in mind. did you get normal ranges with your results? what is your total WBC count? What did your doctor tell you?

Angela Isham
    Participant

I haven’t talked to my doctor yet. I am scheduled for an appointment Thursday. I guess I’m just anxious.

Angela Isham
    Participant

Everything else was within normal ranges

Janice Sheppard
    Participant

your neutrophils are quite high. have you had a bone marrow biopsy yet?

Angela Isham
    Participant

No I haven’t. I have had a mammogram and ultrasound last Thursday. Yesterday I had a CT scan of chest and abdomen at the cancer diagnostic center. But I don’t have any results from them yet.

Janice Sheppard
    Participant

hard to know what everything means until you get all your results back. they may want to do a bone marrow biopsy. i know you’re worried and anxious, i completely understand. hang in there for 2 more days. let me know how you do <3

Angela Isham
    Participant

I sure will. Thank you for responding. 😊

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert