MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

BMT Scheduled for next week.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board BMT Scheduled for next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Davea

Hi, After 2 plus years I am finally getting the opportunity for a bone marrow transplant. My donor, god bless him or her where ever they are, is a 9/10 match.
    I will be admitted to the hospital on the 22nd of July to receive my Hickman Line. Transplant date is set for the 28th. I’ve had approx. 60 units of RBC so far over the past couple of years as well as a few transfusions of platletts. My platlets now hover around the 10 or 11 mark.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to update you on my progress as time goes by.
    Dave A – Now 49 yrs. old and off all drugs pending BMT

Carrie

Dave,

Yay! Good news! I hope things go well smile .

Carrie

sarah

Congratulations on a donor match. Wishing you the very best. We have been searching since Dec 01, still nothing has even come close. My husbands platelets are now at 11. Keep us updated when you can.
    Sarah

ButchL
    Participant

Dave,

Good luck to you. We’re all behind you.

Butch

gemloyear

Dave, Best wishes for a successful BMT.
    Ellie

Suzanne

I will be watching for good news from you. One thing about the delay is that they hsve gotten a lot better at doing this process successfully. Good luck.

Marsha

Dave,
    Congrats on your donor. Wishing you luck with everything. My donor was a 9/10 match too. You deserve this good news.

God Bless, Marsha

doreen

Dave- That is so great! Its good to hear such good news. I wish you the best of everything. Be strong, smile, have faith…

Terri

Dave my prayers will be with you.

shirlsgirl

Hi Dave,

What great news!! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you and wishing you success! Update us when you feel up to it. smile

Thinking of you,

Jody

kristyk

dave
    my good thoughts and prayers will be with you. good luck.

Kristy

Ensnee

Dave, fantastic news! Are you having your transplant at PMH? Hans is there right now, having his reinduction chemo. I look forward to hearing how you are.

prayers & hugs,
    Esme

geebeebee

Dave, best of wishes for great success with your BMT. Looking forward to good news from you.

Greg

Davea

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am now admitted to the hospital and will receive my hickman line tomorrow. Chemo will start on Sunday followed by 3 days of radiation. Transplant will take place on the 29th.

God Bless.

Dave A

DonUK

Good Luck Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert