MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Breathing thru a biopsy

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Breathing thru a biopsy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lindajo

I have had over 12 biopsies. I decided not to have any sedation. They just numb the local area. I have had very little pain before or after.

I use lamaze breathing to help me thru the aspiration. I figure it can’t be as painful as childbirth and can’t last as long. The only time it hurt was when I was chatting with the staff instead of focusing on my breathing.

If you have never practiced the breathing techinques for lamaze, some of the yoga breathing and biofeedback training breathing can also be beneficial.

There is a huge advantage to breathing techiniques, no side effects, interactions with other medications or additional expense.

Jack_dup1

The Doc told me you still feel the pain with sedation, you just don’t remember it. I find it painful but forget about it anyway until the next one. I have never had sedation so can’t really compare.
    Jack

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert