MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Brother not a match, WHAT NOW?????????

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Brother not a match, WHAT NOW?????????

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anneg

well, went to Moffitt last week, found out brother is not a match. Quess to the list we go. Revlimid did get rid of the 6% blast in my blood. Bone Marrow Biopsy done, hope to find out today if Vidaza is working in Marrow. Really don’t think it is. Had two transfusions this month. One while I was at Moffitt. Might need platletts again. just had them a little over a week ago and they are not coming up. Still feel like crap. Doc says blood counts are not staying up. Keep me in your prayerw, please. need that match or life is going to be relly short. DONT WANT TO DIE

Anneg
    God Bless

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Anne,
    I am sorry to hear that your brother is not a match for you, however, there is always the possibility of an unrelated match for you. How long did they say it would take to check out the registry? Thankfully, the blasts are down. I will pray for a match for you and that you can stay strong until they can perform a transplant for you.

Mary

Anneg

Hi Mary, Thanks Dr. Here says months. Moffitt says the same 4-6mnths. 1 wall, I have native american in me, might be a problem. BMB came back, blast in BM is down 10 5% from 15%, so chemo is working.Vidaza, Revlimid combo is making me very sick. They knocked down, so wwe will see this month. Again, thanks for the support and prayers.

Anneg
    God Bless

Hal

Hi Anne,
    You might look into having a cord SCT at Univ. of Minn. They called while my wife was in the hospital to say they had found 3 cords that were a 5/6 match. It was going to be a last resort but one my wife was willing to take. Sloan Kettering wouldn’t do the cord transplant because their age limit was 65 and my wife was 66. I found out from Hutch in Seattle that U of Minn. was the pioneer in cord blood transplants. We flew there and their cut off age was 70. Sadly, she died from transformation of MDS to AML before she could have the transplant.
    I wish you both well,
    Hal

Anneg

Hi Hal, Sorry about you wife. but many thanks for the info. We will check it out. Do you know the point match for that? I know with BMB they will not take anything less than 9 point match. Hope all is well.

Anneg

God Bless

lindajo

Your improvement in blasts is very encouraging. Even if you had a match today, they would hold off on a transplant with chemo working so well right now. It at least is giving you the gift of time to find one and explore a SCT options.

Roscoe

None of my siblings matched either. I had an unrelated donor (from Germany) and I’m still vertical after 4 years. Hang in there.

Anonymous

Plastic louboutin shoes sale is the bigcity cousin relating to rubber: Its hard,chilly temperature and compcompetentlyexible. There are several different plastics which can be used to learn more about create sex red bottom shoes toys. They are nonporous add ons and this means they are easier to understand more about draw attention away from clean, and it is certainly plausible are a lot fewer likely to react for Christian Louboutin Peep-toe Pumps more information about them. These toys are normally applicable too human beings concerned so that you have allergic reactions Christian Louboutin Evening Shoes or at least it sensitivities.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert