MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Cellulitis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Cellulitis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My husband is on his second episode of Cellulitis… this time his feet and legs were so swollen he couldn’t walk… he is starting his second week at the hospital on heavy antibiotics…his left leg showed signs of improvement but not his right and now his left leg is starting to hurt again… help!!!
    has anyone had this crazy thing…

It has postponed his SCT scheduled for Friday 12th Aug… and they are trying to control the pain by giving him Methedone… I am not liking this treatment cause he is in and out all day long… can’t seem to get the right dosages… they are giving this to him so they can send him home soon once the legs and feet get better…

Because he has something going on with his heart… I believe the Doctor said Endocarditis it is a valve infection… So they think… they are waiting on more tests… once the legs clear up they will send him home to take antibiotics interveniously for 4-6 weeks to take care of this thing…
    Scott is pretty scared of going home he seems to keep getting sick… we were so close to transplant that now it seems so far away…

just wanted to share cause I need any help on why this disease is doing this to my husband…he is only 43yrs old… and he was in pretty good health until this itching started… and they found him to have MDS at the end of March 2005…

thanks for listening… di

Carrie

Di,

I’m so sorry to hear that he’s still not home. I know how difficult it is to see someone so young decline so fast. I keep looking at pictures of my dad not even 3 years ago and thinking about how he’s changed. I’m nervous about going tosee him at the end of the month because I know he’s physically different from when I last saw him in June.

I hope that Scott gets better soon. My father had cellulitis, too. Seriously, if you want someone to talk to who understands, my mom is a sweet person and I’m sure she’d like to meet you. It’s up to you smile . Let me know and I’ll arrange it.

Love,
    Carrie

Carrie,
    I would have sent you a private message back but I have no idea how to do this but Yes I would love to meet your mom…
    I hang out at the hospital after work every day and after my sons football practice… so usually around 8p – 11p…
    Scott is on 6 N and in room 13…
    I don’t imagine that we will still be at the hospital at the end of the month but if we are would like to meet you too…
    thanks for your help… di

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert