MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Clofarabine

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Clofarabine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    willie

Since my wife relapsed from MDS to AML earlier this year, she has had two chemo conditioning bouts and one DLI. None of these have worked. The only potential aid was Clofarabine at a 15-20% remission chance. This is FDA approved pediatrically but not for adults. Some places are working with this drug for adults who have relapsed.
    Are any of you familiar with it? She started the first round of infusions this past Monday.

Thanks, Willie

Caroline

Willie,

That drug was recommended for my Dad last year. He has CMML and the doctor felt that it could possibly help him. It is not available here in Canada but our Oncologist is lobbying for it. I would be very interested in learning more about it.

All the best of luck to you and your wife. I will keep you in my prayers as usual.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Engel

Willie,
    What is sweets? and what are the symptoms?Thank you for your reply, Gloria

willie

Gloria Sweet’s Syndrome is a neutrophilic dermatosis often associated with hemotological diseases like leukemia. In my wife’s case, it was a precursor to MDS. Willie

cthomas555

Gloria,

Here is a link that discribes all about Sweet’s…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_syndrome

Chris

shirlsgirl

Great link, thanks Chris!

Engel

Willie, Chris,
    Thanks for the information, it sure is nice to have this forum. Blessings to all, Gloria

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert