MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

contact Oprah

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board contact Oprah

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KATHY1

It’s been a while since I posted but I do check in occasionally. I hope you are all doing well.

I just received the following bulletin from the Aplastic Anemia/MDS International Foundation.

I hope you all will take advantage. Wouldn’t it be nice for this disease to get some national attention.

Kathy

Contact Oprah to push national publicity for Our Hike – Many voices are louder than one!
    Tell Oprah all about “Our Hike” by visiting http://www.oprah.com! We need everyone and anyone to tell Oprah just how incredible Robin and Patty are, and how remarkable what they are doing is. We need to convince her to do a feature on them! Be sure to include their mission when you contact her: “We are on a journey to find a cure, a reason, and a better outlook for bone marrow diseases. Our goal is to raise $1,000,000 for the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation (AA&MDSIF) to fight bone marrow diseases and fund patient support.” And include Jennifer Krammes, Director, 800.747.2820 or krammes@aamds.org as the contact point at AA&MDSIF. National attention is necessary at this point to help Robin and Patty reach their goal, which in turn will help all patients with bone marrow disease. Don’t think just one email to her will work; email her once a week! And send this link to all your friends and family and ask them complete it, too! Remember, you can follow Robin and Patty’s progress as they hike from coast to coast by visiting http://www.aamds.org. We are mighty in numbers when we all work together.

People living near Moab, Utah – Our Hike needs your help!
    Robin & Patty are headed your way and will be hiking the Kokopelli Trail from Loma, CO to Moab, UT. They are in desperate need of Trail Angels who can make water drops for them along the trail, or bring water out to them, as this is a most critical area. If you live in this area, or if you have relatives or friends that live in or around this area and are willing to volunteer to help Robin & Patty in this way, please contact Jennifer Krammes at krammes@aamds.org or 800.747.2820. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert