MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dad Passed Away

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dad Passed Away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    maueenh
    Participant

I just wanted to thank everyone on the forum for all the support over the last 15 months. My father ended up in the hospital last Friday with a temp of 101 and then pneumonia. Rather than improving with the IV antibiotics the infection slowly spread. He passed away early Friday morning with my mother and his four children by his side. It still doesn’t seem real to me and it was so unexpected. He was scheduled to begin his third round of Dacogen next week. I’m not sure but I believe that he had progressed to AML and it was advancing faster than the Dacogen was working. His wbc was 0.5 when he began his last round and I wondered if we were doing the right thing by continuing. But what choice did we have? Without treatment I am sure the AML would have advanced quickly. Vidaza gave him a wonderful 10 months but he wasn’t responding to Dacogen the same way.

This forum has provided tremendous support and encouragement and I am forever grateful to all.

Maureen

SusanJ

Oh Maureen, I am so sorry. I always felt that our dad’s were very similar with this illness. May God be with you now and please know that we all love you and are always here for you. God bless you.

Bkwits

Dear Maureen,
    I am so terribly sorry for your great loss. I hope that you will derive a small measure of comfort from knowing that many people on this website are saddened by your father’s passing. May God bless you and your family.
    Barb

sdrake

Maureen,

I am so sorry to hear of your father’s passing. May God’s love bring comfort to you and your family at this very sad time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Take care,
    Shari

Debster01

Maureen-I am so sorry..I so know how you feel-is is hard to lose your dad. My prayers are with you, he fought a great fight…Deb

eve

maureen

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

CarolineG

Maureen,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. God Bless you and your family.

Caroline

katiebear

Maureen,

I’m very sorry to hear the news. Please know you are in my prayers.

Katie

covergirl

Maureem,

God’s richest blessings to you and your family.
    –cheryl

bety

Dear Maureen,

Our prayers are with you and yours. It is a shock and very sad to hear of of your loss.

All the best, bety

Maureen,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It seems my dad was almost the same as yours, he responded to Vidaza very well, then the Dacagon just didnt’ work and he progressed to AML and passed away from complications to Chemo. It has been almost 3 months and I really feel for you and your family. You are definitely in my thoughts, and I am so saddened by your dad’s passing.

Sandi1

Dear Maureen,

I am sorry to learn of the loss of your dad. I lost my father last Friday morning also. May God be with you and your family during this difficult time.

With peace and sympathy,

-Sandi

Zoe

Maureen,

I am so sorry. I am grateful you all were able to be with him at the end. I am sure that was precious to him.

Zoe

jas174

Maureen, May Gods love sustain you and your family during this tragic time. My deepest sympathy. Joy

KWJ

Maureen – Words just are not enough. But I know where you are and how you feel. It is so hard to lose a DAD. It has been almost 6 months for me and I have good days and bad. This disease is so horrible. I am so sorry for your pain and loss.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert