MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dad's surgery

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dad's surgery

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn

Hey everyone, my dad’s abscess on his colon has to be removed. After antibiotics and two different drains, it is still not healing on its own. His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30. If you could, please say a little prayer for him. We all, especially him, are quite worried….. The doctor’s say one thing and then say “oh, no worries”…. but you can’t forget what they had previously said, which was that w/ his lung condition, he wouldn’t be able to come off of the ventilator and that surgery would be quite risky…. I suppose the risk of not doing it outweigh the risks of doing it… We also wonder how his leukemia will come into play…. Anyway, I suppose they will be boosting him up w/ platelets & blood today to prepare for tomorrow….. He is so frightened and frail, it makes my heart ache…

Well, as always I so appreciate you all being here for me through all of our ups and downs. This is a very special group and I am so thankful to be a part of it. I will keep you posted.

Kathryn

Carrie

Kathryn,

Oh… surgery… very scary for MDS patients. I hope they pump him up good and that the surgery goes well. I can’t imagine what you’re feeling right now.

Dad’s doctors don’t want him to have any major surgery because his counts are so very low. I hope things go well for yours.

**HUGS**
    Carrie

gemloyear

Kathryn, WE’ll keep your dad in our thoughts and prayers.
    Ellie

riley

Kathryn, you and your father will be in my prayers. Please let us know how things go tomorrow.

Carrie

Prayers for Kathryn’s father…
    Hope to hear good news soon.
    Carrie

shirlsgirl

Kathryn,

Just thinking of your father….praying for a successful operation and a quick recovery. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Jody

PAG2005

Kathryn,

Praying for your dad today.. Pat

shirlsgirl

How’s your Dad doing Kathryn? Hope everything went smoothly.

Jod

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert