MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dad's Vidaza is on hold until his counts go up

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dad's Vidaza is on hold until his counts go up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Dad’s counts are still too low to do his next dose frown . They’re just going to keep watching his counts. His doctor said that his counts were pretty low when he started anyway and because of that, it may take up to 2 months to recover.

He needed some hemoglobin yesterday.

He is pretty worried about it and asked his doctor if he should make arrangements. She said, “Don’t worry, you’ll be around for a while.” She did say that she advises all cancer patients to make arrangements. He already has some of them made.

I’m still feeling pretty good about things right now. I think they’re doing what they can. Dad’s tired but he’s still doing pretty well and, although I’m concerned about the future, I don’t feel like anything bad is imminent. I think it’s because I’m more aware of the disease because of reading this board and researching about it.

Thank you all for listening smile
    Carrie

sarah

Carrie, hope your dads counts come up very soon. Will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Terri

Carrier, Hope your Dad’s counts come up, Does he take any vitamins? Especially those to help the Hgb and red blood cells. What type of diet. We went to see a Nutritionist right after Bob was diagnosed. I still believe that is why he is getting through the Vidaza so well so far

Carrie

Terri,

Mom just recemtly told me that he takes supplements although I can’t remember which ones. I’ll check and see if there’s more that he can do.

Thanks,
    Carrie

Joannie

Hi carrie,

Sorry about your dad. I am glad your spirits are pretty good. Hang in there. Joan

DonUK

Hi Carrie, it is very easy to get worked up over some of these things. The slightest irregularity can have (well certainly me) trawling the internet and reading medical things which I don’t fully understand (and drawing my own conclusions).
    As the wise one (Neil) says, everyone is different and reacts differntly to treatment. Hang in there, try to keep your dad eating well and I’m sure the counts will come……

You are in my prayers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert