MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Day -6

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    doreen

hello- this has been my destiny for over a year. so scared but too late to back out now. I at the Fairview hospital at the university of mn for a cord blood transplant. being so isolated is one of the hard parts. they have me my first dose of some tough chemo (cytoxin). Felt it right away just as they said. Just a fuzzy feeling. My brother wants to change the name to tequila chemo. without this board and the leukemia board, it would be tough. I have met so many great people. I accept all prayers! my transplant will happen tuesday on august 16. Seems like a nightmare! I wish you all good health and a positive attitude. Life is valuable and this disease really sucks!

Carrie

Here’s to your new life! Happy new birthday smile (Well, almost smile ). I truly hope that this transplant goes well for you. My dad’s SCT for lymphoma went SO well. He only had a few mouth sores and some exhaustion. I hope things go even better for you!

Love,
    Carrie

doreen

For any followers out there.. here is my web page
    http://www1.caringbridge.org/mn/sadieflowers/

Marsha

Doreen,

I too want to wish you the best, it is a tough road to follow but coming out the other side is worth it. Keep your positive attitude. Happy New Blood Birthday early.

God Bless, Marsha

Sandy M

Doreen…
    good luck and keep a positive attitude as best you can, you’ll have so much to celebrate very soon ! a new beginning !

Kathryn

Best wishes to you Doreen!!! Keep all of the wonderful things you want to do when you are feeling better in the front of your mind! You’re in my thoughts & prayers.

Hugs,

Kathryn

Terri

Doreen will be thinking of you through this next stage with this disease, and lots of prayers coming your way.
    God Bless

JaneP

Doreen,

I will be thinking of you, and wish you the very best. A new beginning is just around the corner. Think of all the wonderful things you want to do when you get this over with.

Keep us posted on how you are. Get plenty of rest, and think sunshine.

PS) Don’t do what my brother did after his first SCT. He made a makeshift clothes line in his room and hung his clothes across his room. He even put a sign on door entering the Unit saying that his was in Rm. # and was being held captive. He kept the nurses rolling on the floor all of the time. He told them that if they remembered they had told him to make himself at home, and that was what he was doing. Such a ham..So positive thinking is good.

Jane

KristyS

Good luck Doreen! You are going to sail through this….

shirlsgirl

Hi Doreen,

The count down is on! You’re going to do Great!!Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Jody

Cherbear

Hi Doreen!

I’m sending you prayers, blessings and hugs! I think it’s a journey worth taking!!

Hope and Love,
    Cheryl

Jimbob

Doreen,
    You have many, many people praying and pulling for you to have a very good outcome. Even when things look or feel bad, know that it will only last for a little while and you will get better.
    Jim

Davea

Doreen,

I’m on Day + 13 of my bone marrow,MUD transplant and doing well. My day -6 seems so far away now. So time will move along very quickly, it has for me anyways. Take each day as it comes and forget about the restfor now.

Good Luck and we’re praying for you.

Dave A

gemloyear

Doreen, Wishing you the best outcome with your cord blood transplant. We will be praying for you.
    Ellie

Jack_dup1

Doreen,
    You asked if there are any followers out there. You would be amazed how many there are. They don’t all post, but they follow your progress and pass good thoughts your way. Keep up the fight.
    Jack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert