MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

diagnosed

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board diagnosed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    poilkjh

My 35 yo friends was diagnosed just yesterday. He was told that he is INT-1, less than 5% blasts, low blood cells (all 3 types) good cytogenetics.
    Doc told him he had good news and bad news when giving dx. Not sure that I would agree as from my limited research shows, there is nothing good about this disease…….
    Wholesale Air Force 1 Shoes Louis Vuitton Clothing Online wholesale gucci clothing Oakley Sungalsses Outlet Replica Louis Vuitton Jeans replica louis vuitton t-shirts

Anneg

Hi poilkjh:

First off Welcome, you have come to the right place. This disease (cant spell). is different for everyone. 5% blasts is not bad. Was that bone marrow or blood blasts. you have both. What kind of treatment are they looking at? there have been people that live with it for years. Hope things are going well. Let us know.

Anneg
    God bless

bobweinberg

I too was diagnosed with INT-1. Good cytogenetics, blasts <5%. That was 14 years ago. To me, that turned out to be good news.

lindajo

For having this disease your tests results are good. I have almost identical issues. I was diagnosed at 30 in 1991. There is life after diagnosis.

Hang in there. You will learn to adjust and now there are treatments and research to support you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert