MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Difficult times

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Difficult times

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KP2112

This past weekend has been quite overwhelming with the passing of Ron, Bob and April’s mother-in-law. I am sure we are all feeling sad, angry and frustrated. Sometimes I really don’t know what to do or how to react to all of this.

Thinking of the families and hoping they have comfort.

Kind Regards,
    Karen P.

mommachkate

Karen, Yes it is so sad , and frustrating. I can never ttell George, I don,t want him to know , how many our dear friend is gone. So frightening,I can,t stop thinking about who is next.Best wishes for all of you Kate

sarah

Karen, you are right. This week has been so hard. I too pray for comfort and peace for the families.

Carrie

Kate,

I know what you mean, I don’t tell my dad what I find out because I don’t want him to feel worse. He already knows some of the statistics.

All I can say is that everyone is different and we should keep the fight up no matter what the statistics say.

Love,
    Carrie

LisainOk

Karen,
    I was thinking the same thing. In some ways, I feel like I’m losing my dad all over again. I am just heartbroken for the families experiencing these terrible losses. All of you are in my prayers and I pray a cure comes quickly.
    ~Lisa

Terri

This has been a sad time and it scares me so. I try to post whenever I am not around Bob, I only tell him bits and pieces of the forum and usually things on treatments and how others are doing or their suggestions. It is hard enough for me to deal with all of this but being the patient is probably so much worse. I think of you all out there and pray for you daily.

eve

my dad knows nothing of this forum – and i want to keep it that way

he would be devastated by some of the posts

actually when we had the opportunity to meet
    Bob P at the doctors office i made bob promise never to mention the forum and told dad that bob was a friend of a friend of a friend

as far as i am concerned this forum has been a godsend

eve

gemloyear

Karen, YEs this has been such a sad week.It has been very depressing for me as well. I also hold back the bad news from my husband. I think it’s best to keep things as positive and stress free as possible. This is a good place for caregivers to learn and support one another.I have through this before with other long term illnesses, it never gets easier. one brave patient told me ” when your time comes God told me to accept it .” God bless all the caregivers.

Ellie

KATHY1

It’s been a very difficult week with all the passings. It’s also been making me think about my mom’s passing away already approaching 6 months now. It seems like just yesterday. While it is getting easier times like these bring all the emotions back. Wishing all of you positive results.

Kathy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert