MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Doctors Visit

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Doctors Visit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Bob had his fourth IV of Ferracit today, his HGB last week was 10, this week 10.2, the MCV is coming up. Reds and Whites both Normal. We also saw the doctor today. He will look at the smear but Said Bob is maintaining, the Neutrophils look good, His spleen has gotten even smaller, No fevers, or any other problems. We will continue the Vidaza to maintain him, Doctor said he feels the blast are under control. As I said before each visit we Do a blood smear and the dr (a Hemotologist examines for any abnormal cells)

We both were very happy with the visit and keep praying it maintains at this point. I think all of those Vitamins and Supplements have to be doing something.

Two more weeks of the Ferracit (Most MDS patients have to worry about too much iron, Bob is the oposite his Bone Marrow was depleted of Iron the the oral supplements were not doing the trick). This should help the procrit to start working better. So they say.

Thank you all for the continued support it means so much to us.

April

Sound like everything is going well for Bob. I pray that he will keep improving.

sarah

Terri, good to hear Bob had a good report. Continued prayers for you both.
    Sarah

Suzanne

Terri, So glad things are going well!

eve

terri

so glad bob got a good health report- may it continue

eve

shirlsgirl

Hi Terri,

I’m so glad that Bob is doing so well!! Yay! smile

Jody

LisainOk

Terri,
    It sounds like encouraging news!! Keep your chin up Terri and think positive. Will keep praying for you and Bob.
    Blessings~Lisa

Naomi

Things sound good for Bob. Let’s hope they keep up.
    Prayers for both of you
    Naomi

geebeebee

Good to hear the news…hope things continue on the positive path.

Greg

mommachkate

Terri, So glad to hear that Bob’s numbers are improving. Keep up the good work.George bt yesterday was giving us a little hope also. His hmg, and rbc still the same, only the wbc and the mono. went higher a little. (scares me)I am madly searching for something to treat him with. No complain, but it is taking all my time to to take care of him, so I hardly have time to post again. But I want you to know that I am thinking of you and Bob all the time, and I am wishing Bob continuos sucsess with the treatment. Kate

Terri

Thank you all for continued support and prayers we all need them.

Kate, glad to hear from you, I hope George is doing well, My fellow Floridians I think of you both often.
    Continued prayers

Suzanne

Kate Have you checked into Zarnestra? I know it was tried with some CMML patients I met at Hopkins and that it is close to be approved for an alternate to chemo for older patients especially. Check it out if you haven’t.

concern

Terri,

Always praying for you and Bob..

Concern

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert