MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Exjade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dick

I know Exjade is supposed to be tasteless how some ever . . .I just don’t look forward to those 3:00 happy hours. On the positive side, my ferritin count is coming down and at last check was 2000.

It may be my imagination but it seems that if I mix the exjade with “no pulp” orange juice it goes down better than with the “lots of pulp” variety. Then chug-a-lugging helps too.

covergirl

Hi Dick,

I chug it w/no pulp orange juice and a little water as well. I let the Exjade completely dissolve in about 2oz. of water first. Then I add the oj. Because I am diabetic, I use OJ lite. Down the hatch. I found that mixing just with water was AWFUL, it was very chalky, YUK.

My ferratin had gotten as high as over 2000 as well and is much lower now, around 1300 when last tested.

I still hate it.

jaxem

hey guys,
    i thought exjade was a pill?

Dick

Jaxem

Yea it’s a pill alright. And at $50 per it’s expensive. I take 6 per day. Thanks God for good insurance.

The pills have to be desolved in water, orange juice, or apple juice. Like covergirl, I split mine into quarters and desolve in a little water, then add the orange juice. You’re supposed to wait 30 minutes before eating anythng and that becomes a very long half hour.

Positive side . . . they are working.

Dick

jaxem

dick
    great to hear it’s working. if you’re able to throw money at it, go for it! your life is worth more than paper.

my wife needs to start taking it soon as her iron levels are getting high. the iron phosphores brilliantly when looking at her marrow cells.

shirlsgirl

Fantastic Dick and Cheryl! I’m so glad that exjade is working for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert