MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

explain wbc differential?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board explain wbc differential?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carruth

My MIL began her second round of vidaza today. Her counts taken immediately before were pretty low, thus we are quite worried about them going down further. They are lower now than when she began vidaza. I know this is probably normal to some extent, it’s just that she is very fragile and weak already. Anyway, I was wondering what the normal ranges are for the wbc differentials. Today hers were: mono% 7.2, gran 5.8, lymph .7, mono abs. 0.0, gran (another one) .2. The overall white count was .9. I know the normal ranges for everything except the differentials. The 0.0 number really looks scary! Other #’s– platelets 15, and red and hgb within normal because of tx’s and procrit. Dr. put her on antibiotics and she will get platelets tomorrow, after the chemo.

eve

hi carruth

looking back at some old info sheets for my dad here is what i found as normal ranges

mono% 2.0-14.0
    lymph% 13.0-44.0
    neut% 43.0-77.0

then there are

neut# 1.8-7.4
    lymph# 1.0-3.3
    mono# 0.0-0.9

i hope this helps

good luck
    eve

Neil

If you wish to learn more about blood cells use the following link.

http:// web2airmail.net/uthman/blood_cells.html

Lots of good info that is in understandable language.

Carruth

Thank you Eve and Neil. I appreciate the info. We’ll see what happens today. I’m afraid she’ll end up in the hospital sooner than she did on the last round.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert