MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Fatigue and "Wait & See" MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Fatigue and "Wait & See" MDS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ellen Weiss
    Participant

Would like to know if others with “wait & see” MDS suffer from severe fatigue. How often does the fatigue seem to occur? How long does it usually last? Is there anything that seems to help the fatigue. Thanks for any responses.

Allan Romriell
    Participant

Ellen,
    I have low risk form of MDS on watch and wait, diagnosed june 2017. I do have fatigue issues, although fairly mild I believe, based on what I hear from others. I always feel a little tired and get winded very easily if I exert myself. Usually after some exertion if I sit for a while I return to normal(at least normal since MDS) and I can go on about my business. I have noticed that I do go in cycles where I get exhausted much easier for a few days and then it goes back to my normal, so I don’t know if there are times my red blood cells are in a down turn and then return? not sure. I have been feeling better with less fatigue the last couple of months and when I went in for blood work last week all my counts were at their highest level they have been all year so hemoglobin levels etc has a direct effect on fatigue I think. I don’t know if this helps you or not, one thing seems to be certain with this disease, it effects everyone differently and its tough to find a “usual” for everyone. I wish you all the best,
    Allan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert