MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Finally, a little good news

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Finally, a little good news

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    patti

I think this is the first time in a year that we’ve gotten even a little good news. After pressing the doctor to get mom off of aranesp because it wasn’t working and try her on procrit we are seeing a response. She was getting transfusions about every 3 weeks and the procrit seems to have lifted her RBC’s a little. At least enough to push the tx out a little bit.

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.” I know it helped mom to hear this news today.

Just had to share because I think a little good news is good for everyone.

patti

Donna

Hi Patti – That is good news!. I bet it did help your mom to hear that. So true – “A little good news is always good for everyone

Take Care,
    Donna

Sandy M

Patti…
    YEAH !!!!!! lil improvements are sooo huge for all of us, It gives hope when it seems like theres little to be had, I can understand your excitement, you have reason to feel encouraged ! smile

Terri

Good News Patti, Bob did not like the aranesp even one dose made him feel weird and his counts went down 2 /10ths of a point. He got back ont he procrit we go again tomorrow to see what the counts are.

Has your Mom considered taking some B12 to help with the Reds.

Good News is always sweet

patti

Hi Terri,

Yeah, mom takes all kind of supplements. I guess I should put that in my signature line. We worked with a guy in CA with her supplements, etc. She juices, takes about 50 supplement pills a day and really takes good care of herself. I’m sure you and Bob feel this way – it’s so time consuming! She said she feels like all she does somedays is juice and swallow pills. smile

What’s weird with the aranesp is it’s all the doctor would try and we are the ones that told him to stop and we are the ones who requested we try procrit. I think this guy is an idiot. So does mom for that matter. We haven’t worried too much about it since she sees the nurse practioner and really likes her.

Good day!

Patti

JulieMarie

3 Jumps for Joy for you Patti! My mom has been on procit since last fall we’ve messed with her dosage and it’s still working. Sure it’s a shot once a week but who wouldn’t do that if it beats getting txs? Hope proctit continues to work for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert