MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Financial Help with Home

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Financial Help with Home

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Audra Daniel
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to find organizations or foundations or anything that would help for financial assistance. I live in GA and my son was diagnosed at 17 at Scottish Rite with MDS and received his Bone Marrow Transplant in October of 2015. After transplant he developed GVHD Nephrotic Syndrome. Still under doctor’s care and transitioned to an adult facility. In December of 2018, he developed this unusual issue with his eyes, we went in to see his BMT doctor at Emory Winship Cancer Institute and he his platelete count went from 128 to 19 in a matter of weeks. That day he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at Emory in 2018. He was immediately admitted in the hospital the next day. We spent four weeks there and began Chemo. In July of 2019 he received a Stem Cell Transplant and spent five weeks at Emory with Chemo and will have his next Biopsy next week along with more treatment. I lost my job in 2013 and since Steven got sick I have not been able to work. We have depleted our savings to maintain but not are in desperate need to save our home to keep a place Steven and us. Please read my son’s story at my GoFundMe page. https://www.gofundme.com/manage/57pbn9-help-save-a-family
    Thank you and God Bless. Audra

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert