MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Flu shot?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Flu shot?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Judy D.

I am so conflicted about getting a flu shot. How do others feel? I know that some oncologists are recommending their MDS patients get the flu shot; others do not recommend it. My doc doesn’t have a strong opinion either way but is not objecting if I feel I should. Basically, I am probably just scared to get one, however two of my coworkers have been officially diagnosed with some flu strain. If I’m going to get one, I need to do it right away. Have you gotten the shot, if not, why?

Judy

My Dr. recommended that I get the flu shot and I did….no problems at all with it. My immune system is suppressed due to the medication that I am taking so I am hoping that the flu shot will help me if I am exposed.

Carolyn

riccd2001
    Participant

Had mine Nov.20th; no problem so far, I’m an over 65 out-patient every 3 weeks so that’s why my doc. insisted.

Judy D.

Thank you Carolyn and riccd2001. You’ve given me the courage to get a flu shot this afternoon.

Judy

jamalmolla

I am also getting flu shot after a long time. Few days ago I went to Dr paul But I did not get any good result. Now what should I do

lindajo

I have not had the flu since I started getting the flu shot in 1992. I highly recommend it.

lindajo

Well I did get the flu this year, even though I had the shot. My grandchildren tested positive for Influenza B. I had been around them so I was tested and came up positive. I had a higher fever for one day and then with Tamiflu it disappeared. I probably would have thought it was just a cold if I hadn’t been tested. My grandsons were sick 10 days and ran fevers of 102-104. I think my flu shot really minimized any problems for me.

Judy D.

I’m so glad it wasn’t worse. I did have the flu shot – I guess "flu season" isn’t over yet, but so far, so good!

Judy D.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert