MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Found a 9point match

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Found a 9point match

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anneg

Hey everyone:
    Well got a call from Moffitt yesturday. they have found a 9 point match (yeah), they still have two others to check out, they really want a 10 point match. the one potein that does not match, is not a good one not to heve. So I guess, we are still at the holding stage. thanks for all the support. God bless

Anneg

lindajo

How are you doing? Glad to hear about the 9 point match. Keep us posted.

Anneg

Hey Lindajo:
    Thanks for asking. I am doing Ok, Just got out of the hospital had pneumonia. Can’nt seem to make my girls realize, when the babies have just the sniffels, that they need to stay away. white count is 1k. Just had transfusion last week in the hospital. Hemo is up to 10.44, platletts finally came up they are 70k Yeh. Now just see if we can get whites up, and keep hemo up. Seems like twice a month for transfusion, since the put me on the relimid. Well we will see. Still hanging in. Dieing is not an option!!!!!!!!!!.

Anneg
    God Bless

Janie

Hello, Anne,

I live in Pinellas County and am under the care of my oncologist while Moffitt searches for my donor. I was diagnosed with MDS late February and have been on Vidaza treatments. I have a complex case I guess. Be the Match found 4 potential donors which have since been eliminated and now have 3 international potential donors that they are looking at now. I am 59, the mother of 3 grown kids, and have 2 grandchildren. Like you, we have too much to live for! Feeling yucky right now in the midst of my 4th cycle. Go back to Moffitt on the 25th for my bone marrow biopsy to see how effective the Vidaza is working.

I hope that we can stay in touch. It is comforting to know that we are not alone. I wish you the very best in the meantime! Stay strong!

Anneg

Hey Janie:

I will be at Moffitt on the 26th of this month. My cell number is 561-932-7744, home 561-968-1154. Lets keep in touch. Hopefully my BMT will be scheduled very soon. keep the faith we are not done yet. Hope all is well.

Anneg
    God Bless

Janie

Oh, my! I am going to be there this coming Monday, the 25th for my bone marrow biopsy! My daughter and I are taking a trip on the 26th (taking advantage of this time I have. What will you be having done on the the 26th?

Who is your doctor at Moffitt? Mine is Teresa Field.
    Would LOVE for us to be in touch. My cell (and only number) 727 644-1132

I am thrilled that Moffitt is willing to use a 9 pt. match. They had 4 10 pt. matches for me nationally, but eliminated them and are now looking at 3 internationally. They have said that my case is a bit challenging. Not sure what that means. I sure would love to get this stem cell transplant process rolling though. Not that it is something I am looking forward to, but not knowing if they will be able to find a donor is going to drive me crazy!

Looking forward to us being iin touch for sure! Hang in there!

Anneg

Small world.
    Dr Teresa Field is my transplant doctor. I’m see Dr. Lancet in the oncology/hemotolody. still waiting for other doctors infor to get there. I’ll try and reach you on the 25th. where are you staying. I am staying at the regency marriott on fletcher.

hope all goes well

Anneg
    god bless

Anneg

Hey Janie:

sorry i didn’t call you while I was up there we had no cell service and it was a really trough trip on me. they did another bmb and stopped the revlimid it’s not bring my counts up high enough. I’ll give you a call this week. I should know something on Monday about the transplant. Hope all is well.

anneg
    God Bless

Roscoe

Anne:
    1. You need a 10 pointer. I guess that’s obvious.
    2. I was on Vidaza before the transplant. One oncologist wasn’t too happy about it. Said it didn’t work in most patients. I mentioned this to my Transplant Doctor and he told me Vidaza seemed to help in success of transplant. He didn’t expect it to do much other than that.

Anonymous

Actress Gucci 2012 out packets leave the body, regardless of how passersby clothing with a brand name Gucci outlet always immediately highlight the stars fashion sense. What are the 2011 popular fashion Gucci Outlet bags? What to wear clothes with what kind of handbag? Take a look at the demonstration of the following actress. The beauty HuoSiYan looks very innocent, she was a national style dress may Gucci Shoes For Men well highlight of her temperament.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert