MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Fran's TMJ

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Fran's TMJ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lindajo

Hey Fran, I had TMJ for years after a car accident. I found relief from a chiropractor that was able to get my jaw to release and go back where it was supposed to be. I finally got it to stay in place after I treated a sinus infection that was caused by a previously broken nose. The sinus infection kept my jaw and the muscles and glands around it irritated so the dentist wasn’t able to help my TMJ.

Before you buy an expensive appliance consider that you have other options. I tried everything before I found what worked. Have your daughters come and see you. Don’t be afraid to tell them that you don’t want to leave your husband right now. Surely you can find a compromise. But if you need time away for yourself and you want to go for a couple of days ask Jim’s doctor or nurse the best time to go. You can’t be everything to everyone. Do what you need to do for yourself also. Lindajo

franm

Hey Lindajo:

How are you doing with the TMJ now? I belong to a HMO with Medicare and they don’t pay for anything to do with TMJ. I already have a night guard that I had made by a dentist but it doesn’t seem to help. I will try this new dentist and at least see what he has to say. It will be for an exam first. I just hope he doesn’t make another plate for me that cost an arm and a leg. Husband and I don’t have much money and especially now that Jim is going through this Chemo.

If this doesn’t work out then I will see someone else and maybe they can help me.

Thanks for answering my e-mail.

Fran

lindajo

I would almost say that my TMJ is cured. Once I had surgery to have my twisted septum removed my upper respiratory infections dropped and my jaw stayed in place. The only time I have trouble with it now is when I chew on ice that is too large or really tough meat and then it is minor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert