MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

GCLAM vs Guadecitabine

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board GCLAM vs Guadecitabine

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christina Assante
    Participant

My husband is 46 and has tMDS. He recently failed a Decitabine Hypomethylating treatment to prepare him for Allogeneic BMT. He now has two options: Guadecitabine trial or GCLAM. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these treatment options and the success/failure of either? We have to make a decision quickly to start treatment – help!

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Christina,
    I had Mds-RARS and had 2 rounds of Decitabine that did not work, then had a transplant. I am not familiar with tMDS. What is that specifically?

Christina Assante
    Participant

Sherry,
    tMDS just means it is treatment-caused MDS (by chemotherapy he received 15 years ago). Did you have an auto or allogeneic transplant? How were you allowed to have a transplant if the Decitabine did not work?

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

I had allogenic. That was my question. I am wondering why he cannot have one. It appears to me if that protocol is not working the next step would be transplant. You can email me if you would like. Pratt8075@aol.com.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert