MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Going back to work after BMT

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Going back to work after BMT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,I’m a 50 year old woman who was diagnosed with MDS (RAEB 2, 13% blasts) in May of this year. I’ve had three cycles of Vidaza and a study drug called procinostat. My blasts were at 4% after two cycles! Proceedings are starting for BMT – could be just another 4-5 weeks! I stopped working right after diagnosis and my question is when after BMT have people gone back to work? I had two part time jobs that worked with the public-Adult ESL teacher and Licensed Acupuncturist. I really need strong immunity to do these jobs. Any insight is greatly appreciated! Did any of you have to rethink your careers?? Thank you!

mdsfound

Hi Marian, If you email me at patientliaison@mds-foundation.org, I can put you in contact with a few MDS patients who have gone back to work after having a BMT. I hope this helps.

emily59
    Participant

I have been told to expect to be out of work for 12 months.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert