MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Guilty to ask but know y'all understand

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Guilty to ask but know y'all understand

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    czaring

I’m reading of the passing of other parents here … and feeling lucky yet scared. My mom was doing great with Aranesp until the spring when the shot was withheld – due to very low/normal #’s. Only reds were affected. Red then dropped & wouldn’t recover. Tried a round of Revlimid … Platelets fell from normal to 16!! Now whites have dropped out from under her too!! Phooey!! (not what I wanted to say) Is there any encouragement out there? Currently doing no meds .. just getting Txs. Scary!! So sorry for those hurting from loss right now.

sdrake

I understand how you feel. I remember when Dad was doing so well, and I felt guilty when I read of others’ struggles. Then the struggles became our own. I don’t want to be discouraging, but from Dad’s experience I do know that things can change in a hurry. That being said, Dad never gave up and kept trying everything suggested by the doctors. Has your mother ever tried Vidaza? Dad had a great response to it, as have many others. I wish your mom the very best. Please know that others understand and care.

Shari

Zoe

Czaring,

Pretty user name!

Revlimid can drop counts. Usual protocol is to stop Revlimid until counts rebound, then restart at a lower dose. Don’t panic, the count drop is to be expected, and shouldn’t be permanant. How long ago did she stop her Revlimid?

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/revlimid_ids.htm

The above link should take you to a page explaining the protocol.

Keep us updated.

Zoe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert