MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

having CT bone marrow biopsy?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board having CT bone marrow biopsy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Maher
    Participant

I’ve had mild MDS since 2003 though recently I’ve been neutrapenic 0.8 am seeing a hematologist have been on neupagen to control my levels he ordered a CT- BMB I’ve never heard of it though it’s scheduled for April 16th he took me off the neupagin to get an accurate reading though I’ve been dealing with rashes, fatigue and now sore throat with swollen glands. Is it safe to be waiting so long with the low count?

mdsfound

Dear Jenny, Thank you for your post. I would definitely seek a second opinion from an MDS expert. You have many questions and it is understandable that you don’t want to be undertreated. I would recommend that you go to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion. Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/. I hope this information helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert