MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Hi all! Update

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Hi all! Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Dad’s been home for a while now (last Thursday) and he’s doing well.

I got to spend some time with him on Saturday. He stayed inside my sister’s house during my birthday party (mostly in the garage and backyard). He’s in good spirits but he’s definitely lost weight and not looking as good as at Christmas.

He hasn’t needed blood but they have been giving him platelets the last couple of times he’s been there.

They think his continuous low counts may be a result of some other medications that he’s been on through the VA hospital. They’re going to take a look into that.

I’m going back there on June 18th for my mom’s surgery. So I’ll be there for Father’s Day! Yay! smile

Thanks for your continuous support,
    Carrie

Christina

Carrie,

Glad to hear your dad is doing well and especially in good spirits (that is the best medicine aroung!).
    Hope all goes well with your moms surgery.
    I am going to seattle with my dad this week to get a consult about a stem cell trans. we just finished vidaza and it didn’t work for us.
    We all need to hang in and support one another! You are doing a great job…good luck 6/18.

KP2112

Carrie,

I am really glad you Dad is feeling better. What a crazy time for you with all this going on in your life. Hope your Mom’s surgery goes well.

Take Care,
    Karen

sarah

Carrie, glad your dad is doing well. Hang in there!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert