MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

How long can my mom last?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board How long can my mom last?

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    MimiM

I am old to the forum Debe, and haven’t posted much lately. I lost my Mom two years ago last month. Much of what I learned about the disease I put in the back of my head hoping never to have to dig it up again. But your post touched my heart. These are the same questions I had, almost exactly. I do remember though that when the blasts get so high, it is like there is just no room for any of the good cells, and that could be why she is so tired. I was with my Mom when she passed, and it was very peaceful. Her breathing had been very labored (she also had copd), and her breaths just got shorter and shorter until they stopped and she opened her eyes in wonder and left. My prayers are with you.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert