MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

IMETELSTAT – Treatment for MDS & MF

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board IMETELSTAT – Treatment for MDS & MF

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keith Mallamo
    Participant

Hello I am interested in informing all patients, their family members and any medical practitioners here about IMETELSTAT. It is a drug used to treat MDS and MF that is being developed by GERON. It just finished P2 trials with REMARKABLE results. Where there are few options for treatment this looks to be a break through medical treatment with very few, and it should be noted REVERSIBLE side effects. It should be deemed for Compassionate Use immediately as the P3 trials will not be started until mid-2019 at the earliest, which means it could take several more years for FDA approval. Just last year it was given the green light for FDA fast track status. Please read the data review from this year’s ASH symposium on Dec 2nd and 3rd that I have provided in the link below:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4227473-geron-corporation-gern-investor-presentation-slideshow?dr=1

After reviewing PLEASE contact Dr. John Mascarenhas at Mt. Sinai Hospital in NYC to find out more information about possible Compassionate Use and P3 trials:

https://www.mountsinai.org/profiles/john-o-mascarenhas?utm_source=Yext&utm_medium=physician_listing&utm_campaign=YEXTMD

I know you are facing an uphill battle and as someone who lost a loved one to various sarcomas I wanted to pass along this much needed information in your direction so it hopefully helps. Best of luck to you all!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert