MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Light the Night

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Light the Night

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Terri

I will be walking in the Local Light the Night event for the Leukemia Society.
    Here is my web page if anyone is interested in sponsoring me and making a small donation

http://www.active.com/donate/ltnPalmB/ltnTNoto4

Thank you,

Terri

Thank you Margaret C for your generous support

sarah

Terri, this is a wonderful cause you are participating in. We had one locally in our area a few weeks ago. I contributed $1000 to that cause. We had a great turnout. Hope yours goes as well.
    Sarah

Terri

You did Great Sarah, I am just starting to try and get some contributions now to support this cause. I did it last year as well, the year before my office did it as that was when Bob was dx and we were in the Hospital
    Hows Charlie

sarah

Terri, Charlies energy level is low. He goes for checkup in 3 weeks. How are Bob’s counts holding?
    Take care,
    Sarah

Terri

Bobs Counts are hanging in there, He starts his next round of Vidaza July 7th, 6 weeks apart now. We go tomorrow for his weekly CBC and we see the dr on July 12th

Terri

Jody, Thank you,

Kathryn

That is so great that you are doing that, Terri!!! When do your pledges have to be in by?

Looks like you are on your way to reaching your goal!!! laugh

Kathryn

Terri

The pledes Can be done at any time even after the walk as it still goes to the Leukemia Society. My Walk is Actually in October But I am starting all my fundraising now. I have gotten some other donations not on line and I have a bucket at work that people but change and bills in. Trying to have our employers give anyone that donates $5.00 a casual day to raise some money so I have lots to do.
    It is a Great cause, Our church has a four year old member with Leukemia and we have been having Blood drives at church on his behalf.
    So I think this touches so many people I wish I could do more.

JulieMarie

Terri,

which light the night walk are you doing? I was thinking about the one in Cleveland on Oct 1, 2005 but have a wedding that I’m not sure which event to do.

Hope your fundrasing goes great!

Terri

Doing the local one here in Boca Raton Florida

Terri

Sandy L, You are so Close maybe you want to Join me. Its October 15th Saturday at Mizner Park in Boca.

Sandy L

Terri

We are talking about going up north that week. I try to go every 6 to 8 weeks so that I do not miss that much. My grandchildren are growing up too fast. Justin is 2 1/2 and Jason is 6 months.

I do live close but that does not mean that I could keep up with you. My walking skills need to be fine tuned. Maybe next year. Please ask me again.

I called the nutrionist and he was operated on ( knee surgery) and will call me when he is better for a phone consult. We might get to see him in August since we will be up North.

Your Hemo Doctor is not on my plan. We are going to our doctor tomorrow and I am going to ask a lot of questions. If I am not pleased then we will go to your doctor for a consultation visit – pay the fee for no insurance $165 – and then ask him to reccommend someone on our plan. We have no coverage if the doctor is out of plan. (bummer)

I will keep you informed.

Terri

Sandy Good Luck on the visit with the Doctor. Sorry that you won’t be able to make the walk.
    Talk soon

DonUK

Well done Terri – hopefully not too many blisters !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert