MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Loyola is sending my dad home…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Loyola is sending my dad home…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    karenkay

The good news is that the doctor is actively investigating my dad’s condition, but (the bad news) for several reasons, they feel like he doesn’t need to be in the hospital at this time. I don’t fully understand, but I think it has a lot to do with medicare. “His 35 days are up”. How frustrating.
    I feel VERY bad for Kathy, his girlfriend, because she is going to have to take care of him and he is going to stay at her place. She is so worn out already. I don’t know how she will handle it. He can barely walk 5 steps. I think I will be having to make another trip out there. It is so hard with 2 kids and a husband who works a lot of hours (who also happens to be a great guy who is very supportive).
    Ugh! Thank you for “listening”, I always appreciate the supportive words and prayers.
    Karen

sarah

Karen, I know this is so hard and frustrating for everyone. Hope your dad feels better soon. He is lucky to have Kathy. Will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
    Take care,
    Sarah

eve

karen

was just wondering if medicare will cover the expense of an aide coming in for several hours a day to help with the care of your dad

eve

concern

karen,

I have 2 kids.. i stayed with my dad and mom for 6 months away from my husband. My kids quit school.. it was very tough..My dad died after I got back.

This disease is very wearing out – no doubt about that.

Just take 1 day at a time and cherish your time with your dad & be there for him (thats tough with 2 kids and a husband)..

mommachkate

Hi Karen, I know how difficult to take care an ill person, who can barely walks.I just found out , after we came back from Tampa, that he can have a nurse to come every oyher day to check on George and also a nurseaid, who will help him with the showering. He could have physical therapy come to the house also, but the doctor said not to, because of his spinal injury.Medicare ciovers all this, But nobady staying long , only 20-25 minutes, so I always have to ask somebody to stay with George if I have to leave the house. I hope your father will be able to have this services. How is he doing?I hope you and Kathy will be strong to help him with his treatments. Best wishes Kate

Terri

Karen, I hope things get better and as eve said try looking into if medicare will pay for an aid. His doctors office may know. I know when I have a lot of questions like this Our Hemo office is SO helpful. It is tough watching a loved one go through this but it must be so hard not being close to them to help. I am grateful my daughter and her husband live pretty close, He though they just gave us our First Grandson, I know my daughter would be here in a minute if I needed her.

Continued Prayers for your dad and your family

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert