MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Simpson
    Participant

I was recently diagnosed with MDS. February of 2017. Given two years to live. Too much of a risk for bone marrow transplants. White blood cell count last 3 months at 1.3. Redblood and platelets are low to. Daughter wants me to go on a fresh veggie and fruit diet.

Allan Romriell
    Participant

I was diagnosed in June, currently mine is a wait and watch low risk variety RARS. In my research trying to get a handle on what this disease does I have read several places where a diet high in veggies and fruits is recommended. My oncologist only said good nutrition is important and a multivitamin wouldn’t hurt either. Sorry this probably doesn’t help you much. I haven’t been given any timetable but it seems MDS can turn from mild to high risk on a dime. Good luck to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert