MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS hematologists

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS hematologists

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    andrzej g.

Can anyone supply me with info on the leading world centers treating MDS and performing a fair amount of mini allo transplants using both related and unrelated donors? I would greatly appreciate any name and any address you may be aware of.
    Regards, Andrzej.

sarah

Andrzej, my first thought in the US is Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Seattle WA. On the MDS Homepage you will find links to Centers of Excellence both in US and outside US. They should provide stats on transplants.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Terri

Maybe call the Patient Liason shown on the MDS home page or email them.
    Hope you find what you are looking for

Jack_dup1

Andrzej,
    Have you looking into this one?
    Jack

Jagiellonian University
    Collegium Medicum
    Krakow, Poland
    Aleksander Skotnicki, MD, PhD

Naomi

If I am not mistaken, Neil mentioned Dr Mufti in London. I have seen papers he has authored. Might be wise to check him out.
    Naomi

Carl

Andrzej,

Please try the following web link for the US National Bone Marrow Transplant center. It has a great deal of information.

http://www.nbmtlink.org/center.asp

You can also go to the National Marrow Donor Program guide that has a number of searches that you can explore.
    http://www.marrow.org/PATIENT/patients_guide_idx.html

Good luck and God Bless.

txnmomma

Carl, I see in your siggy about being on Thalid. Did it work for you? How is the Procrit working??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert