MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

mds with multiple sclerosis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board mds with multiple sclerosis

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jennifer clark
    Participant

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1996; it affects my legs, walking. I received an MDS diagnosis a year ago. Vidaza affects those areas where MS plaques have attacked, i.e., weakness in legs, hard sitting to stand, walking.

my hematologist and his extended practice of oncologists have not encountered MDS with MS. my oncology center is affiliated with Mayo, and the hematologist consulted there hadn’t encountered the combination either. is anyone out there familiar with this co-morbidity?

rebecca train
    Participant

It’s too bad nobody replied to this, I have the same question!
    My mom was diagnosed with MDS last year and was recently told her antibodies were so high they cannot find a suitable donor.
    I have MS and know for a fact that my antibodies run high, I can’t help wonder if there is relation between these two diagnoses.
    Did you even find more information about this question?

mdsfound

Dear Rebecca, Thank you for your post. Both you and your mom probably have underlying auto immune problems. If you want to check for a genetic link, you could be referred to a geneticist, or genetic counselor. I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert