MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Monoclonal Antibodies ???

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Monoclonal Antibodies ???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SandyB

Has anyone here heard of a therapy where they use Monoclonal Antibodie?

Engel

Sandy,
    How is Mike doing? My husband Kornel was dx in jan.06 and AML in June, he is in remission and taking Vidaza, has his good and bad days.
    Gloria

SandyB

Thanks for asking Gloria. Mike was able to achieve complete remission after one Ara-C & Daunarubicin Chemo round. Strong Stuff. He then had a Consolidation Chemo of just Ara-C.

Unfortunately, his blood counts fell so dramatically, that he contracted an infection and became Septic. Very scary time. Thank God for his survival.

He is still recuperating, but counts are all starting to come up quickly. Our next step is to our Dr. and see what comes next.

How is your husband doing? I hope well.

Engel

HI Sandy,
    My husband is doing o.k. he is weak and gets a little discouraged, but thats the disease. We go to the clinic on Monday and they will do a complete BC so we will know more then. He has had a fever after his second round of Vidaza but the antibiotics took care of it. He is tired a lot more this time. Blessings. Gloria

Husband/Kornel/69 1/06 dx MDS. 5/6AML. after chemo
    complete remission. Vidaza since July 06. doing well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert