MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Mouth ulcers from Revlimid?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Mouth ulcers from Revlimid?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sister

My brother started on Revlimid about three weeks ago. Got GI infections and also terrible mouth ulcers. Doctor just stopped Revlimid. Has anyone out there developed these horrible mouth ulcers while on Revlimid?
    Your information and support is greatly appreciated!

Sister

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Sister,

My husband never experienced mouth ulcers with Revlimid, however, he did with Dacogen. His doctor prescribed Ann Arbor Mouthwash. It is made up of nystatin, benadryl, tetracycline, and kaopectate. The instructions say “swish and swallow”. It helped him.

I hope this helps.

Mary

Sister

Mary,

Thank you so very much for your information! I am passing the information to my brother.

Can I also ask you another question? Does your husband have abnormal chromosomes? Apparently this is an indication of poor outcome.

Sister

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Sister,

No, my husband does not have abnormal chromosomes. I don’t know if abnormal chromosomes is an indication of poor outcome or perhaps just more difficult to treat.

I hope the mouthwash helps.

Mary

czaring

My mom broke out with itchy bumps all over her scalp and neck. We’re allergic types in our family tree.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert