MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

multi vitamins without iron

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board multi vitamins without iron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eve

can anyone suggest a good multi-vitamin that doesn’t contain any iron that is small in size and easy to swallow

dad was taking centrium silver, but now is having trouble swallowing it – it is a large pill

thanks
    eve

Zoe

I don’t know any of the top of my head. It does seem like you have to take a handful if they are small though. Try looking around http://www.iherb.com/store/

They have reasonable prices and a really great variety.

I just went there and poked around a bit. They have liquid vitamins with no iron too. I may look into that myself.

Zoe

patti

You could try the powdered mix at life extension foundation. http://www.lef.org. Not sure what all is in it. Also, maybe Shaklee liquid-lea for kids might be an option?

patti

Jimbob

I use “Green Source Iron Free” from Vitamin World. I hope there is a store in your area. If you register with them (free) you will often get opportunities to get it at discount, sometimes two for one.
    Jim

maueenh
    Participant

Eve,

When my dad was first diagnosed with MDS I went out and bought him an all natural multi vitamin (Rainbow Light-Just Once- Multivitamin for Men) at Whole Foods. It is fairly large but he cuts it in half and takes one half at a time. He swears this “big pill” gives him so much more energy and will find anyway to take it each day. I’m not sure of the iron content but if you have a Whole Foods nearby you could check it out.

Maureen

eve

thanks for all the info

eve

gemloyear

Hi Eve, Centrum Silver also puts out a chewable tablet that is iron free, the same ingredients as the capsule. The lef co. that Patti mentioned puts out a powdered product without iron also,but is costly $95.00 per mo. supply. We prefer centrum and then supplement it with our own choices with Dr. approval.You could try gel caps for you dad, they are far easier to swallow for the elderly. Many of our supplements come in gel form. As we age we have more difficulty swallowing due to hardening of the throat muscles, and pockets in the throat. It seems that your Dad has done amazingly well for his age. I wish him many more good years.
    Take care Ellie

eve

thanks for your good wishes

eve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert