MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

my dad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Kathy7964

Eve–my prayers are with you and your family. I haven’t posted a message on here for months but I still come on here and read to see how everyone’s doing. Your posts always were always helpful to me. Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.

Kathy

krishananth

eve,

My heartfelt condolences with you and your family.

Regards
    Sandhya

willie

Eve My thoughts go out to you and your family. Hopefully time will lessen the hurt you feel today. Willie

maueenh
    Participant

Eve,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Maureen

Bkwits

Dear Eve,

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. The fight is over, and your Dad is in a better place. I know you will truly miss him, though.

Barb

LuAnn

Eve,
    I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family and always remember the special times you shared.

SandyB

Eve,

We just read your message and were very saddened.

Please accept our deepest sympathies, and know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike and Sandy

bety

Dear Eve, I was saddened by the great loss of your dad. You were there for your father these past years and have helped the members of the forum with your posts. It is comforting to know that you will continue to be involved.
    …………………..

Husband 87, RARS,dx 7/03. pancytopenia, tx dependent every 2-4 weeks. Back on aranesp…seems to help a little. Thinking of you. bety

Stephanie

Dear Eve, Though I don’t know you well, we are certainly connected by this disease and it’s effects. I was SO SORRY to read of your recent loss. May God grant you the peace you need at this time of mourning.

Lydia

Eve, so very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yoursat this difficult time. The love and memories you shared will never die . . .

eve

dear friends

thank you so very much for all your prayers and comforting words during this most difficult time – i still can’t believe dad is not with us

does anyone remember a post that was written awhile ago about someone who saw a penny miraculously appear after a loved one had passed – i can’t seem to find the old post, but wanted to read it again because strange things have been happening to me regarding that

wishing you all well and i will definitely keep in touch

eve

katiebear

Eve,

I don’t remember that post as I am fairly new here. I can tell you that very strange things happened to me after my mom passed away. Those happenings gave me the most comfort. It’s been almost three years since we lost her, and it still happens sometimes. You’re in my thoughts and prayers, as I know how difficult this time is.

Katie

KATHY1

Eve,

I have not checked in in a while. I can’t believe that your dad passed away. I am so sorry for your loss.

It also just happens that I posted the penny story after my mom passed away. She would never pass a penny on the ground without picking it up because she truly believed that someone above left it for her. After she died my sister said while she was vacuuming she kept finding pennies in places she had already vacuumed. The next day my brother said he found a penny (I don’t remember where he found his)and the date was a significant one(again I’m not sure if it was the year he was born or the year my parents married). Anyway, I had made some joke about making any date on a penny a significant one like 1984 being the year she got that bad haircut and had to go to an event.

Still, I was upset that I had not received a penny. I was supposed to go to a wedding the Friday right after my mom’s funeral. I didn’t think I would feel up to going but didn’t know what to do. I went to get my haircut Friday morning just in case (tears in my eyes). I remember thinking as I was paying when am I going to find a penny. Some change fell out of my wallet and into my purse and I’m saying to myself “are these my pennies? No I wouldn’t be questioning it if they were. I closed my pocketbook and noticed on the floor just next to where I was standing a single penny. The year on the penny, 1984, the year I was kidding around about. I knew this was my penny.

I just found another penny which I’m sure she left because I had just been thinking about her and my birthday just passed and my father forgot. The year on the penny was the year I was born.

I hope I didn’t bore you. I hope you find your penny.

Kathy

maueenh
    Participant

Eve,

I’m so sorry to hear that your dad has passed. He fought a long battle with this disease but you fought along his side. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Maureen

Bec

Dear Eve, I am so so sorry about your Dad. Some Dads are extra special. I only hope the wonderful memories you made together will remain.

Thank you for the info about infections. Dad is going on week 9 tx free but he is coughing. I called him immediately. He had alreeady talked to his Hemo.

Thank you for all your posts in the past. My prayers are with you and your family.

Bec

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert